Thu. May 30th, 2024

Learn the Nitty-Gritty of Email Appending for Email Marketing as per Etargetmedia Reviews 

3 min read

When it comes to email marketing, your customer database plays a vital role in deciding the outcome of your marketing strategy. The more powerful the database, the more engagement you will have, and the better will be the ROI. That said, many businesses pay little to no attention to increasing their customer database, and as a result, get dissatisfactory results for the amount of effort they put in.

One of the fastest and most effective ways to grow your customer list is email appending as per etargetmedia reviews. You may not have heard of the term, but it has been around for as long as email marketing itself.

What is email appending?

Simply put, email appending is the process of adding or updating the email addresses of customers in their respective records within your database. This helps improve email marketing metrics significantly and increase the ROI by 30%. And since email addresses are one of the ways to communicate with customers and inform them of your services, updates, and offers, it is crucial to every email marketing strategy.

Why is email appending important?

According to experts, an email marketing database degrades by 22.5% every year. And this makes email appending vital to update the collection of customer’s emails and stay ahead of the curve. Besides, several challenges exist when it comes to collecting and maintain customers’ email records, such as:

  • Incorrectly written email address on a paper
  • Incorrectly typed email when typing from paper to the electronic database
  • Incorrect entry in an online form
  • Discontinued use of an email address by a customer
  • Use of an alternate address by a customer
  • Blocking of the sender’s domain or IP by a customer
  • Termination of a customer’s email address

With email appending done by an email or cell phone appending service, you can add the correct or missing email addresses of customers who are already in your database.

What are the benefits of email appending?

In addition to updating your customer’s email address, email appending offers you these benefits:

  • Regularly cleaning and updating your customer’s email data will safeguard your IP Sender reputation and result in more emails reaching the inbox of consumers.
  • When your overall deliverability increases, customer response rates increase. For example, if your email marketing campaign has 25% incorrect email addresses, not only will you fail to reach those 25% customers, but it will impact the deliverability of the remaining 75% of emails.

Best Practices for Email Append

  • Begin with your active customers, of whom email addresses are missing from your customer database. Then, move to older customer records.
  • It’s best to email append during the off-season and finish it off at least a month before the high season.
  • Perform email appending regularly to stay ahead of your competitors. Consider doing it monthly, quarterly, or bi-annually for best results.
  • Get help from an email and cell phone append service for accurate and verified emails of consumers.
  • Avoid adding a large number of emails at once to avoid IP risk.

When going for email marketing, it is necessary to make smart moves for better results. As per etargetmedia reviews, you can also consult with email marketing experts who can guide your business towards success.